Monday, October 08, 2007

Big Girl Wants to Try Sleeping by Herself

So your daddy brings you home around 9 pm last night. I say, "OK, time for bed." You then say, "I want to try sleeping in my own bed by myself." So I let you try it. I was waiting outside the door hidden from you to see what would happen. I heard you rustling around and wondered what you were doing. I then went to check on you and you had turned the light on, but very low. I lay next to you and you said you just wanted to try it and that you would get me if you needed help.

I left and and about 15 minutes later your mom came home. I told her you said you wanted to go to sleep by yourself and mom was very excited and happy. I, on the other hand, was very sad since I like putting you to sleep. That's when we joke, giggle, blow on each other's stomach, etc.

I joined you in bed at 3 or 4 am and you woke up in the morning and the first thing you asked was, "Did I go to sleep by myself?" I said that you did and asked you why you decided to sleep by yourself. You said, "Well, I'm almost seven so I should sleep by myself." I'm so sad...you're growing up too fast for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home