Locked in the Car
So you one of the mom's of your classmate picked you up at school on Monday to take you to Brownie's dance practice. You were sitting in the back row of the SUV and the girls in the middle row ran out of the car as soon as it stopped and ran across the street. The mom dashed after the other kids and locked you in the car.
You were stuck in there until they heard the car alarm go off. Aunty Karla said you were in there by yourself for 30 minutes. When you came home you were in a good mood and didn't seem the worse for ware. However, you gave me your sweatshirt and it had stains all over the sleeves and chest area. I asked what it was from and you said it was from crying in the car.
My poor baby! I was going to teach you how to get out of a parked car but you knew how to do it. You said you were afraid that the car alarm would go off and the police would come. That's OK baby. That's what the police are for. If you didn't try and get out on your own you would have been in there for over an hour!
The next day the mom who locked you in felt so bad that she gave you a Webkins doll and a card telling you how sorry she was. I told you that you should have told her it was OK and you said you told her that and that she didn't have to give you anything. That's my girl! I know the mom must have felt really, really badly for what she did. I'm sure she will be apologizing to me when I run into her but you came out of it great. I know that it must have been traumatic but you let it go and forgave her.
I love you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home