Monday, July 02, 2012

Graduate of Pacific School

Well, you graduated on June 21, 2012 from Pacific School. You did the big ceremony at American Martyr's since your class was so large it couldn't fit in the cafeteria at school. We walked back to your school and had a reception in the cafe before you did your "Walking the Halls." You said you walked quickly through the hall without high fiving many people because you didn't want to cry!

We went with the Tsuang's to Benihana afterwards to celebrate.

You received the President's Award for having an A- average or better your last two years. Congrats!

In the weeks and days leading up to graduation I asked if you were sad to leave and you said you weren't because you were ready for MBMS. The day or two before your graduation you became nervous and said you didn't want to leave Pacific.

You're getting to be a big girl now and will even stay home by yourself. That was a milestone!

Your knee issue is still here and has been ongoing for a few months now. You'll finally start PT next Monday and I hope that will lead you to the road of recovery. The Hollywood Dodgers tournament and E Hula Mau are on the horizon so I hope you can participate in those events. You've been a pretty good sport so far and haven't complained about missing things.

For some reason I've been thinking back to an event that happened when you were younger. I'm not sure if I've already written about it. You must have been in the first or second grade and I picked you up from EDP. You had a tear in your pants at the knee and I asked you what happened. You said you didn't know. I asked if the pant were like that when you left the house and you said they weren't. I asked if you had fallen and you said you hadn't. So I asked again if you were sure you hadn't fallen then you burst out crying saying you had fallen. I fell to my knees and gave you a hug and said it was OK. I felt so sorry for you that you felt you had to hold that in. I told you that you never had to lie to me. I would also listen to you and not get mad.

I love you baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home