Book Report on Artemus Fowl
Manhattan
Beach Middle School
1501
Redondo Ave.
Manhattan
Beach, CA
90266
December
11, 2012
Mr. Eoin
Colfer,
Scholastic
Inc.
555
Broadway
New York,
New York 10012
Dear Mr.,
Eoin Colfer,
I am
Nicole Matsumoto, and I am a sixth grader from Manhattan Beach Middle School. I
am writing this regarding your fiction book, Artemis Fowl, copyright by you, Eoin Colfer. I am writing this to
tell you my opinions and observations of the book.
In my
opinion, I liked the book because I felt like I was there with Artemis
throughout the whole story, going from place to place to find the gold. In the
book, Artemis was very sneaky, and got away with it. I loved those parts when
you did not know what was going to happen next. For example, you started about
the troll, I did not see that coming. The very small things, made the book
stand out, compared to the other books I have read. I thought the book was very
good and planned out very nicely.
My
favorite character is Artemis Fowl because he is mysterious, sneaky, and a
genius. He works hard to get what he wants. In this book, he wants to get gold
from the sprites. It is also amazing how he knows all these things at such a
young age. How does he do it!? In the beginning of the book, my favorite part
was when hen trick the fairy that he wanted to look at the book, but actually
took pictures. Fairies didn't know about this advance technology. He totally
just played the fairy. Artemis Fowl and I are the same because we do not do the
right things sometimes and we are both are only children. However, we are
different because he is very independent appose to me that I like doing things
with my parents and friends. We have many similarities and many differences.
My
predication of the end of the story was not right. The ending was when artemis
gave half of the gold back to the leprechauns and survived the time field
change. My predictions was that Artemis will get all the gold and survive the
time field change. I thought it was a better ending then my prediction because
he was being nice and let them have half. Also, that he let Holly go back to
where she came from. In the end, Artemis was not the same person that he was in
the beginning.
The
author's message is that even though people have a roughy exterior, inside they
have a heart a gold. In the end of the book, Artemis lets Holly go back to her
group of leprechauns and he gives half of the gold back to them. Also, Butler
did not think it was a good idea that Artemis gave them a sleeping drug, but
that let them survive the time field change. He helped his friends and himself
survive the time field change. He has change tremendously from the beginning to
the end. Thank you for your time to read my letter.
From,
Nicole
Matsumoto

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home